Florida’s Leading Legislative News & Information Service
Meet Florida’s most powerful research, monitoring, news and analysis service. We provide deep access to Florida’s policy making process. Identify and track bills based on a custom profile of keywords and statutes. Be alerted to legislation that matters to you, your clients or your members as they move through the state’s fast-paced process.
Who We Serve
Manage a diverse client lists, 100s of bills and simultaneous committee meetings with ease.
Identify legislative threats and opportunities that will affect your bottom line.
Communicate your legislative agenda with stakeholders & members. Engage your network.
Establish and expand your government affairs practice. Track proposed changes to statutes.
State & Local Government
Improve your bill analysis workflow. Coordinate your executive team, legislative affairs and division experts in one system.
Break policy and political news with our powerful research desk’s real-time alerts.
Legislative IQ ® News FeedLegislative IQ ® makes it easier than ever to monitor Florida’s policy, budget and campaigns. With it, you’ll see the big picture, know the players and stay informed as developments occur. Recent developments:
- Arrivals and Departures: Arrivals and Departures, Dec. 15, 2017 - The governor made a few appointments and Ashley Moody announced a finance team for her attorney general run.
- Health Providers: State lawmakers look at boosting information for patients - House priority legislation to survey health providers and publicly post the results was fast-tracked to the House floor.
- State Economy: Florida businesses to keep paying lowest possible re-employment tax - [2 updates] The Florida re-employment tax rate will remain at its lowest rate in 2018 for third year in a row, the governor's office said. Legislation to provide a tax holiday for disaster preparedness and protection items has passed unanimously through the Senate Commerce and Tourism Committee.
- Economic Development Appropriations: Senate panel agrees to broader use of tourist tax revenue - A bill by Sen. Jeff Brandes would allow local governments to use "tourist development" tax revenue on capital construction and land acquisition that would help tourist-related businesses.
- Transportation: Drone bill passes House panel unanimously - Legislation giving criminal penalties for flying a drone near a correctional facility has passed its first subcommittee.
- Environment: Negron says reservoir should spread off state land if necessary - Senate President Joe Negron wants South Florida water managers to consider expanding a new reservoir project for Lake Okeechobee onto private land.
- Health Insurance: Obamacare extension gives Floridians 2 more weeks to sign up - Floridians were given two extra weeks to sign up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act by federal officials. It was supposed to end Friday but Florida got an extension due to the hurricane season.
- Florida’s Appropriation Process 101: 2017 Final Budget Report released - The governor's budget office Thursday released an annual report on state agency spending covering three fiscal years.
What We Do
Discover the secret of Florida’s most
demanding and influential legislative participants.
Behind any successful lobbyist is LobbyTools.Satisfied Subscriber
Always a highlight of LobbyTools is the fantastic staff - professional, knowledgeable, and always a smile, no matter the time of day or night.Florida Lobbyist
What a great system! My clients think I'm Wonder Woman. LobbyTools lets me stay in touch by sending email updates about their bills, news and critical meetings.Government Affairs Professional
The customer service is great. It is always a pleasure to deal with each person - very helpful and courteous.Legislative Professional
LobbyTools was instrumental in changing the way our lobbyist monitored bills. I estimate is saved our team ten's of thousands of dollars.Government Affairs Professional
LobbyTools is excellent. When I describe what it is to friends that lobby in D.C., they are jealous of what we have here on the state level.Florida Lobbyist
LobbyTools is a valuable one stop shop for legislative information.Government Affairs Professional
As a former Legislative Aide transitioning into lobbying, I do not think I could have survived without Lobbytools!Florida Lobbyist
Your service has come such a long way. Every year it improves tremendously.Satisfied Subscriber
The comprehensive feature set behind every successful government affairs pro…