Florida’s Leading Legislative News & Information Service
Meet Florida’s most powerful research, monitoring, news and analysis service. We provide deep access to Florida’s policy making process. Identify and track bills based on a custom profile of keywords and statutes. Be alerted to legislation that matters to you, your clients or your members as they move through the state’s fast-paced process.
Who We Serve
Manage a diverse client lists, 100s of bills and simultaneous committee meetings with ease.
Identify legislative threats and opportunities that will affect your bottom line.
Communicate your legislative agenda with stakeholders & members. Engage your network.
Establish and expand your government affairs practice. Track proposed changes to statutes.
State & Local Government
Improve your bill analysis workflow. Coordinate your executive team, legislative affairs and division experts in one system.
Break policy and political news with our powerful research desk’s real-time alerts.
Legislative IQ ® News FeedLegislative IQ ® makes it easier than ever to monitor Florida’s policy, budget and campaigns. With it, you’ll see the big picture, know the players and stay informed as developments occur. Recent developments:
- Arrivals and Departures: Arrivals and Departures, Nov. 17, 2017 - The Florida Democratic Party chair resigned, two news outlets added staff and the governor made several appointments.
- House: District 119: Fernandez-Barquin and Sotelo enter race for HD 119 - A third Republican, attorney Juan Fernandez-Barquin, and NPA candidate Daniel Sotelo, have filed to run for HD 119.
- House: District 059: Joe Wicker files for HD 59 - Republican Joe Wicker filed to replace GOP Rep. Ross Spano, who is running for attorney general.
- State Economy: Florida personal income grows, but national gap widens - [2 updates] Florida's personal income is reported to have raised 1.5 percent at the max, while nationally metropolitan area's personal income were growing by an average of 2.5 percent. This means a widening gap between Florida and national levels, showing Florida is failing to keep up with cities across the country. Meanwhile, Florida's unemployment continues to drop as state regains jobs lost after Hurricane Irma.
- Agriculture: Irma agriculture losses continue to mount - Initial estimates made by state officials over the damage from Hurricane Irma may be too low. House agriculture budget chief Ben Albritton wants legislators to consider tax breaks from the industry.
- Florida’s Appropriation Process 101: Scott’s budget doesn’t include millions in local projects - Gov. Rick Scott's budget plan is a big increase over the current fiscal year but doesn't include local member projects.
- Executive: Governor: 1st TV ad released in Florida’s 2018 race for governor - Democrat Philip Levine will run the first TV ad of the 2018 gubernatorial race.
- Cabinet: Attorney General: Ross Spano files to run for Florida attorney general - Rep. Ross Spano joins the already crowded Republican primary in the attorney general race.
What We Do
Discover the secret of Florida’s most
demanding and influential legislative participants.
Behind any successful lobbyist is LobbyTools.Satisfied Subscriber
Always a highlight of LobbyTools is the fantastic staff - professional, knowledgeable, and always a smile, no matter the time of day or night.Florida Lobbyist
What a great system! My clients think I'm Wonder Woman. LobbyTools lets me stay in touch by sending email updates about their bills, news and critical meetings.Government Affairs Professional
The customer service is great. It is always a pleasure to deal with each person - very helpful and courteous.Legislative Professional
LobbyTools was instrumental in changing the way our lobbyist monitored bills. I estimate is saved our team ten's of thousands of dollars.Government Affairs Professional
LobbyTools is excellent. When I describe what it is to friends that lobby in D.C., they are jealous of what we have here on the state level.Florida Lobbyist
LobbyTools is a valuable one stop shop for legislative information.Government Affairs Professional
As a former Legislative Aide transitioning into lobbying, I do not think I could have survived without Lobbytools!Florida Lobbyist
Your service has come such a long way. Every year it improves tremendously.Satisfied Subscriber
The comprehensive feature set behind every successful government affairs pro…