Legislative IQ ® – Expertly Curated. Conveniently Organized.
Policy Notes monitor Florida’s most active policy issues by subject. Each note includes:
Budget Notes monitor Florida’s budget process and includes:
- Background and legislative history of each budget category
- A complete report of all state agency’s legislative budget requests and the Governor’s budget recommendations
- Key players and their positions
- House and Senate House Bills & Amendments
- Conference allocations and negotiations
- Session summary of the final approved budget
- The Governor’s Veto
Campaign Notes monitor Florida’s 144 Cabinet and House and Senate legislative races, plus constitutional amendments and includes:
Legislative IQ ® News Feed
- The Week Ahead for May 21 to May 25, 2018 - The Office of Medical Marijuana Use holds a meeting.
- Arrivals and Departures: Arrivals and Departures, May 18, 2018 - Legislative staffing changes continue. Gubernatorial campaigns make hires.
- The Week Ahead for May 14 to May 18, 2018 - Visit Florida holds a series of meetings and elections results are certified for House Districts 39 and 114.
- The Week Ahead for May 7 to May 11, 2018 - Visit Florida holds a series of meetings and the Revenue Estimating Impact Conference discusses post-session impact.
- The Week Ahead for April 30 to May 4, 2018 - Special general elections are held in HD 39 and 114. Visit Florida holds a series of meetings.
- The Week Ahead for April 23 to April 27, 2018 - The special election results from SD 31 are certified.
- State Economy: Florida’s unemployment holds steady at 3.9 percent - Florida's unemployment rate remained at 3.9 percent during March, unchanged from the previous month.
- Gambling: Seminole Tribe, state make deal on gambling revenue - The Seminole Tribe of Florida has agreed to extend its gambling revenue sharing agreement with the state through 2019, though lawmakers have not stopped talks of a special session dedicated to gaming.
Increase your Legislative IntelligenceLegislative IQ ® makes it easier than ever to monitor Florida’s policy, budget and campaigns. With it, you’ll see the big picture, know the players and stay informed as developments occur.
Subscribe to Legislative IQ ® and you’ll get:
Policy NotesA front row seat to the policy issues in play in the legislature.
Budget NotesA step-by-step account of the appropriations process – from agency requests to House and Senate conference negotiations to the Governor’s signature and veto.
Campaign NotesA system to monitor candidate filings, money raised and spent and election night results.
AlertsTimely updates as developments occur – hourly or at the end of the day – all categories or only the ones you choose. Begin a no cost, no obligation trial today to increase your Legislative Intelligence.
...Legislative IQ ® is required reading for all the happenings at the Capitol
...Such an easy read, saves me a lot of time."
...A nice snapshot of what to expect for the next day's news cycle.