Legislative IQ ® – Expertly Curated. Conveniently Organized.
Policy Notes monitor Florida’s most active policy issues by subject. Each note includes:
Budget Notes monitor Florida’s budget process and includes:
- Background and legislative history of each budget category
- A complete report of all state agency’s legislative budget requests and the Governor’s budget recommendations
- Key players and their positions
- House and Senate House Bills & Amendments
- Conference allocations and negotiations
- Session summary of the final approved budget
- The Governor’s Veto
Campaign Notes monitor Florida’s 144 Cabinet and House and Senate legislative races, plus constitutional amendments and includes:
Legislative IQ ® News Feed
- Arrivals and Departures: Arrivals and Departures, Oct. 20, 2017 - The governor made several appointments and the Legislature saw a couple of staff changes.
- State Economy: Florida unemployment rate drops to 3.8 percent - Florida's unemployment rate dropped another.4 percent since September.
- Crime & Enforcement: After Herald series on abuses, Florida juvenile justice chief enacts a reform - Florida juvenile justice administrators have announce that they will appoint an in-house ombudsman to amplify the voice of youths in state custody and their families.
- Environment: Daily inspections show Lake Okeechobee is dike sound - [2 updates] The Army Corps of Engineers says the dike around Lake Okeechobee it has been doing daily inspections and it has not been compromised. Meanwhile, the city of Miami and the Seminole Tribe are moving forward with a legal challenge of the Department of Environmental Protection's water toxin rules.
- Health Providers: Appeals court sides with Scott on nursing home generators - The 1st District Court of Appeals side with Gov. Rick Scott on his rules to mandate generators at elder care facilities, but it has yet to issue a full opinion explaining the decision.
- K-12 Education: State board approves schools for ‘hope’ money - The State Board of Education has approved 11 schools in Florida for new "hope operators" program.
- Cabinet: Attorney General: Trujillo endorses Ashley Moody for attorney general - Ashley Moody has received an endorsement from House budget chief Carlos Trujillo in her race for attorney general.
- Cabinet: Commissioner of Agriculture: Caldwell locks up more legislative endorsements in ag commissioner race - Rep. Matt Caldwell's campaign for agriculture commissioner says it's been endorsed by the legislative delegations in the Panhandle, Northeast and Southwest Florida.
Increase your Legislative IntelligenceLegislative IQ ® makes it easier than ever to monitor Florida’s policy, budget and campaigns. With it, you’ll see the big picture, know the players and stay informed as developments occur.
Subscribe to Legislative IQ ® and you’ll get:
Policy NotesA front row seat to the policy issues in play in the legislature.
Budget NotesA step-by-step account of the appropriations process – from agency requests to House and Senate conference negotiations to the Governor’s signature and veto.
Campaign NotesA system to monitor candidate filings, money raised and spent and election night results.
AlertsTimely updates as developments occur – hourly or at the end of the day – all categories or only the ones you choose. Begin a no cost, no obligation trial today to increase your Legislative Intelligence.
...Legislative IQ ® is required reading for all the happenings at the Capitol
...Such an easy read, saves me a lot of time."
...A nice snapshot of what to expect for the next day's news cycle.