Legislative IQ ® – Expertly Curated. Conveniently Organized.
Policy Notes monitor Florida’s most active policy issues by subject. Each note includes:
Budget Notes monitor Florida’s budget process and includes:
- Background and legislative history of each budget category
- A complete report of all state agency’s legislative budget requests and the Governor’s budget recommendations
- Key players and their positions
- House and Senate House Bills & Amendments
- Conference allocations and negotiations
- Session summary of the final approved budget
- The Governor’s Veto
Campaign Notes monitor Florida’s 144 Cabinet and House and Senate legislative races, plus constitutional amendments and includes:
Legislative IQ ® News Feed
- Cabinet: Attorney General: Moody, Fant close in fundraising for attorney general race - Both Ashley Moody and Rep. Jay Fant have raised around $1 million in their race to be Florida's next attorney general.
- Cabinet: Chief Financial Officer: Ring brings in almost $60K total in September for CFO race - Former Democratic Sen. Jeremy Ring picked up $35,139 in his campaign account and another $23,000 in his political committee during September.
- Executive: Governor: Democrats losing badly to Republicans in fundraising for governor - Sen. Jack Latvala and Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam are outfundraising Democrats four-to-one in the race for governor.
- Cabinet: Commissioner of Agriculture: Grimsley top fundraiser last month in ag commissioner race - Sen. Denise Grimsley led fundraising for the agriculture commissioner race in September. She is one of three Republicans that has raised more than $1 million thus far.
- Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations: Harrell files bill on Indian River Lagoon funding - Another lawmaker will seek annual money from the Land Acquisition Trust Fund to protect the environment. Republican Rep. Gayle Harrell wants $50 million for the Indian River Lagoon.
- State Economy: Florida minimum wage to increase by 2% - The minimum wage for Florida workers will increase in January from $8.10 an hour to $8.25 an hour.
- Health Providers: Dozens of health providers seek exceptions to generator rules - More than 50 long-term health providers are seeking variances from the generator rules from Gov. Rick Scott.
- Florida’s Elections Process 101: Florida’s 2 main political parties could pay hefty fines - The Republican Party of Florida and the Florida Democratic Party could be hit with fines for not reporting campaign finance numbers on time.
Increase your Legislative IntelligenceLegislative IQ ® makes it easier than ever to monitor Florida’s policy, budget and campaigns. With it, you’ll see the big picture, know the players and stay informed as developments occur.
Subscribe to Legislative IQ ® and you’ll get:
Policy NotesA front row seat to the policy issues in play in the legislature.
Budget NotesA step-by-step account of the appropriations process – from agency requests to House and Senate conference negotiations to the Governor’s signature and veto.
Campaign NotesA system to monitor candidate filings, money raised and spent and election night results.
AlertsTimely updates as developments occur – hourly or at the end of the day – all categories or only the ones you choose. Begin a no cost, no obligation trial today to increase your Legislative Intelligence.
...Legislative IQ ® is required reading for all the happenings at the Capitol
...Such an easy read, saves me a lot of time."
...A nice snapshot of what to expect for the next day's news cycle.