Legislative IQ ® – Expertly Curated. Conveniently Organized.
Policy Notes monitor Florida’s most active policy issues by subject. Each note includes:
Budget Notes monitor Florida’s budget process and includes:
- Background and legislative history of each budget category
- A complete report of all state agency’s legislative budget requests and the Governor’s budget recommendations
- Key players and their positions
- House and Senate House Bills & Amendments
- Conference allocations and negotiations
- Session summary of the final approved budget
- The Governor’s Veto
Campaign Notes monitor Florida’s 144 Cabinet and House and Senate legislative races, plus constitutional amendments and includes:
Legislative IQ ® News Feed
- Arrivals and Departures: Arrivals and Departures, Dec. 15, 2017 - The governor made a few appointments and Ashley Moody announced a finance team for her attorney general run.
- Health Providers: State lawmakers look at boosting information for patients - House priority legislation to survey health providers and publicly post the results was fast-tracked to the House floor.
- State Economy: Florida businesses to keep paying lowest possible re-employment tax - [2 updates] The Florida re-employment tax rate will remain at its lowest rate in 2018 for third year in a row, the governor's office said. Legislation to provide a tax holiday for disaster preparedness and protection items has passed unanimously through the Senate Commerce and Tourism Committee.
- Economic Development Appropriations: Senate panel agrees to broader use of tourist tax revenue - A bill by Sen. Jeff Brandes would allow local governments to use "tourist development" tax revenue on capital construction and land acquisition that would help tourist-related businesses.
- Transportation: Drone bill passes House panel unanimously - Legislation giving criminal penalties for flying a drone near a correctional facility has passed its first subcommittee.
- Environment: Negron says reservoir should spread off state land if necessary - Senate President Joe Negron wants South Florida water managers to consider expanding a new reservoir project for Lake Okeechobee onto private land.
- Health Insurance: Obamacare extension gives Floridians 2 more weeks to sign up - Floridians were given two extra weeks to sign up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act by federal officials. It was supposed to end Friday but Florida got an extension due to the hurricane season.
- Florida’s Appropriation Process 101: 2017 Final Budget Report released - The governor's budget office Thursday released an annual report on state agency spending covering three fiscal years.
Increase your Legislative IntelligenceLegislative IQ ® makes it easier than ever to monitor Florida’s policy, budget and campaigns. With it, you’ll see the big picture, know the players and stay informed as developments occur.
Subscribe to Legislative IQ ® and you’ll get:
Policy NotesA front row seat to the policy issues in play in the legislature.
Budget NotesA step-by-step account of the appropriations process – from agency requests to House and Senate conference negotiations to the Governor’s signature and veto.
Campaign NotesA system to monitor candidate filings, money raised and spent and election night results.
AlertsTimely updates as developments occur – hourly or at the end of the day – all categories or only the ones you choose. Begin a no cost, no obligation trial today to increase your Legislative Intelligence.
...Legislative IQ ® is required reading for all the happenings at the Capitol
...Such an easy read, saves me a lot of time."
...A nice snapshot of what to expect for the next day's news cycle.